MD, PhD, FRCPC
Clinical Professor, UBC
St. Paul’s Hospital
After I obtained my medical degree from Tongji Medical College, China, I joined the graduate program at the University of British Columbia in 2002. Following my Ph.D., I moved to Seattle, WA to receive pathology residency and fellowship training at the University of Washington. I then spent one year at the University of Calgary as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine in 2013 and finally came back to Vancouver in July 2014. I am currently an anatomical pathologist at the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at St. Paul’s Hospital. I was appointed as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, UBC in 2015.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada fellow (Anatomical Pathology)since 2014
- Gastrointestinal and hepatic Pathology Fellow, University of Washington 2012-2013
- American Board of Pathology (AP/CP)since 2012
- Anatomic pathology and clinical pathology resident, University of Washington 2008-2012
- PhD, University of British Columbia 2008
Awards and Recognition
My areas of interest include: gastrointestinal/hepatic pathology and molecular pathology.
Current Projects In My Lab Include
I have experience in teaching medical students, residents, medical laboratory technicians.