Clinical Associate Professor, Staff Hematopathologist
Co-Regional Discipline Head – Hematopathology, Fraser Health Authority
Royal Columbian Hospital
I was born and raised in Tehran, Iran. I did my undergraduate studies there and obtained my MD degree in 1996. In 1999, I was admitted in Clinical Hematology program at Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg, France and graduated in 2004. Before immigrating to Canada in 2006, I had been working for almost 2 years as a clinician in Reunion Island, one of the French overseas territories. In Canada, I did my second residency in Hematological Pathology at the University of Ottawa and obtained my specialty certification in 2014. I pursued the laboratory medicine path by enrolling in another year of fellowship in Calgary Lab Services. The current position of hematopathologist in Providence Health Care was offered to me and I started to work at St. Paul’s on June 1, 2015. I am really delighted and honored to be a part of Providence Laboratory Group.
- Residency in Hematological Pathology (FRCPC degree). University of Ottawa.
- Residency in Clinical Hematology. (Specialty Diploma degree) Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France. 2004
- MD Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran. 1996
Awards and Recognition
- Blood film and bone marrow morphology
- Flow cytometry
- Coagulation & Hemostasis
- Transfusion Medicine
Current Projects In My Lab Include
- Hematopathology (all topics)
- Hematology for Medical Students