Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UBC, Research and Development Scientist, Medical Microbiology, Pathology, VGH
Vancouver General Hospital
- PhD, Department of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Muenster University Hospital, Germany. Biology Function of the Cell Surface Receptor Syndecan-4 during Wound Healing. 2005
- MSc_Equivalent German Diplom in Biology (equivalent to a Master of Science), Institute of Botany, University of Muenster, Germany. Investigation of the Elicitor and Pathogen induced Gene Expression of an Invertase in cicer arietinum. 1999
Awards and Recognition
- Lead the development and implementation of molecular diagnostic tests for the detection of
clinically relevant microorganisms.
- Establish quality control practices for PCR based diagnostic tests.
- Provide technical expertise and training to technical and clinical team members.
Current Projects In My Lab Include
- Supervised one on one projects for medical residents as part of their molecular rotation in Medical Microbiology
- Involved in informal teaching of medical residents and students in the area of molecular diagnostics in Microbiology at Vancouver General Hospital