MD, MPH, FRCPC
Clinical Assistant Professor, UBC , Medical Microbiologist, Fraser Health
Born and raised in Ottawa, I completed a BSc at Trent University in Ontario in 2006 and an MPH at Simon Fraser University here in Vancouver in 2009. I attended McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario for medical school and a residency in Medical Microbiology ending in 2017. After my training, I returned to the Vancouver area to work as a microbiologist at LifeLabs.
My professional interests include antibiotic susceptibility testing, laboratory quality, and teaching.
Outside of work, you might find me hiking with my husband, horseback riding, or curled up with a good book beside our pet cat, Lulu and our dog, Matty
- Fellowship, Medical Microbiology, McMaster University 2017
- MD McMaster University 2012
- MHSc ( Master of Public Health, Global Health stream) Simon Fraser University 2009
- BSc Trent University 2006
Awards and Recognition
Current Projects In My Lab Include
- Pathology 467: Basic Microbiology for Infection Control – co-instructor
- Pathology 327: Bacteriology, Mycology, Virology and Parasitology – lecturer (Gram-positive bacteria)