Torbati, Bibi Naghibi
MB BS, FRCPC
Clinical Associate Professor, UBC, Anatomical Pathologist, Kelowna General Hospital
Kelowna General Hospital
- Born in Mashhad, Iran
- Completed MB BS degree at Dow Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan in 1983
- Immigrated to Canada in 1983
- Worked as a research assistant at the University of Toronto from 1984 to 1988, publishing several papers in pathology
- Completed residency training in Anatomical Pathology at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1993
- Completed fellowship training in Forensic Pathology in Calgary, Alberta
- Worked as a Clinical Assistant Professor of pathology at Memorial University, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador from 1994 to 2007. Responsibilities included anatomical pathology and teaching medical students and residents. Several publications were produced during these years.
- Currently working as a Clinical Associate Professor of Pathology at the University of British Columbia, 2007 to present
- Credentialed by the British Columbia Cancer Agency (BCCA) in 2008
- MB BS, University of Karachi, Pakistan. 1983
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, June 2004
- Wrote American Board Examination in Anatomical Pathology, Nov 1996.
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), 1986.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, Registration.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia MSP.
Awards and Recognition
- Yousef GM, Naghibi B, Hamodat MM. Malakoplakia outside the urinary tract. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2007 Feb;131(2):297-300. Review.
- Miraliakbari BA, Kovacs K. The value of a monoclonal anti-epithelial antibody (mAB lu-5) in the differential diagnosis of tumors. Immunohistochemical study. Oncology. 1988;45(2):98-102. 1998
- Miraliakbari BA, Asa SL, Boudreau SF. Parathyroid hormone-like peptide in pancreatic endocrine carcinoma and adenocarcinoma associated with hypercalcemia. Hum Pathol. 1992 Aug;23(8):884-7.
- Prostate, Breast and Pulmonary pathology
- Contribution to provincial synoptic reporting of prostate carcinoma, Core, TURP and Prostatectomy specimen
- Review of cancer cases upon oncologist request for breast carcinomas
- Member of Quality control and peer review of surgical pathology cases, frozen section and breast core needle biopsy, Kelowna General Hospital
Current Projects In My Lab Include
- Small group sessions (CPC) for first and second year medical students in the Southern Medical Program
- Organizer and preceptor for 4th year medical student elective rotations in the department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Kelowna General Hospital
- Organizer and preceptor of third year medical students gynecology rotation for GYN pathology/ gynecology correlation
- Organizer and preceptor of third year medical student gynecology rotation for follow up of cases from the operating room to the pathology lab and preparation of student for monthly clinical and pathological conference