MD (FRCPC), PhD, D (ABMM)
Clinical Instructor, UBC, Medical Microbiologist, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Island Health
Royal Jubilee Hospital
Experienced Resident Physician with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Medical Microbiology, Immunology, Virology, Clinical Research, Medical Devices & BioAssay development, Vaccines, Oncology, and Hematology.
Strong healthcare services professional with a Medical Doctor degree from USMF and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) focused in Immunology and Hemtology from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
Certified in 2017 as a Medical Microbiologist by the Royal College of Canada and as a Clinical Microbiologist by the American Board of Medical Microbiology.
- PhD, Biomedical Sciences, Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium 2004
- MD, General Medicine, State University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Chisinau, Moldova 1999
Awards and Recognition
Current research interests include:
- metabolic mass spectrometry for diagnosis of bacterial diseases
- physical waves for control of bacterial infections in vitro & in vivo
Historical research interests included:
- autoimmune disease modulation by viral infection
- mass spectrometry for diagnostics of autoimmune disease
- in vitro testing systems for contact allergic dermatitis
- clinical research of bio-defense products
Current Projects In My Lab Include
- Clinical instructor at UVIC/UBC