Dr. Nadejda Medvedev graduated from Moscow Medical Academy, Russia in 1994. She moved to Canada in 1997, entered UBC Hematopathology Program in 2001 and graduated in 2007. Currently, she is working at St. Paul’s Hospital as a General Hematopathologist and Blood Bank Supervisor.
- FRCPC Hematopathology. 2007
- Full registration with College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. 2004
- Full LMCC certification effective 2001
- BCIT, Advanced Specialty Certificate in Molecular Genetics Upgrading. 1999
- MD, Moscow Medical Academy, Russia. 1994
- Therapeutic cells via functional modification: influence of molecular properties of polymer grafts on in vivo circulation, clearance, immunogenicity, and antigen protection. Chapanian R, Constantinescu I, Medvedev N, Scott MD, Brooks DE, Kizhakkedathu JN. Biomacromolecules. 2013 Jun 10;14(6):205262. doi: 10.1021/bm4003943. Epub 2013 May 28.
- Influence of polymer architecture on antigens camouflage, CD47 protection and complement mediated lysis of surface grafted red blood cells.Chapanian R, Constantinescu I, Rossi NA, Medvedev N, Brooks DE, Scott MD, Kizhakkedathu JN. Biomaterials. 2012 Nov; 33(31):787183. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2012.07.015. Epub 2012 Jul
Collaborative research involvement on developing universal red blood cells by polymer grafting techniques carried out at the Centre for Blood Research by Drs. N. Rossi and J. Kizhakkedathu.
Medical students teaching:
- BMLS teaching – myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Review of the summer students research project application bursaries 2008, 2009
- Hematology Expert in the laboratory sessions for the Blood and Lymphatics block in 2nd year medical school in 2007, 2008, 2009
- Tutoring Problem-Based Learning classes for hematological malignancies in 2006
Residents and fellows teaching:
- Site supervision and daily teaching involvement with residents and fellows from residency programs and fellowship training in Hematopathology, Internal Medicine, Hematology, General Pathology, Transfusion Medicine
- Coordination of rotations, evaluation of students/residents/fellows and attendance of Hematopathology Residency Committee Training meetings as site supervisor
- Didactic lectures for residents and fellows at the hematology/hematopathology half days, hematopathology rounds