Dr. Kelly received an MB (BCh, BAO) from the National University of Ireland, Galway in 1972. He has worked in various positions in the Pathology field throughout his career and is currently the Chief of Anatomic Pathology at the Greater Victoria Hospital Society (since 1994) and a Consultant for the B.C. Cancer Agency (since 1994).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada in Anatomic Pathology. 1981
- Member of the Royal College of Pathologists (UK). 1978 (Fellow 1990)
- MB BCh BAO, National University of Ireland, Galway. 1972
- Sadowski DC, Lee SS, Wanless IR, Kelly JK, Heathcote CJ. Progressive type of focal nodular hyperplasia characterized by multiple tumors and recurrence(s). Hepatology 21: 970-5, 1995.
- Rosenthal D, Guenther L, Kelly J. Some current thoughts on the use of methotrexate in patients with psoriasis. J Cutaneous Med Surg 1995.
- Beck PL, Bridges RJ, Demetrick DJ, Kelly JK, Lee SS. Chronic active hepatitis associated with trazodone therapy. Ann Int Med 118:791-792, 1993.
- Beck PL, McKnight W, Kelly JK, Wallace JL, Lee SS. Hepatic and gastric cytoprotective effects of prostaglandin E1 administration in cirrhotic rats. Gastroenterology 105:1483-9, 1993.
- Kelly JK. The pathology of recurrent Crohn’s disease. Can J Gastroenterol 7:219-222, 1993.
- Church DL, Sutherland LR, Gill MJ, Visser ND, Kelly JK, and the GI/HIV study group. Absence of an association between enteric parasites in the manifestations and pathogenesis of HIV enteropathy in gay men. Scand J Infect Dis 24:567-75, 1992.
- Kortbeek J, Kelly JK, Preshaw RM. Carcinoid tumours and inflammatory bowel disease. J Surg Oncol 49: 122-6, 1992.
- Magliocco, A, Mulloy R, Preshaw R, Kelly JK. Appendiceal intussusception with endometriosis in a pregnant woman leading to massive hemorrhage and fetal death. Can J Gastroenterol 5: 18-20, 1991.
- Mantle M, Atkins E, Kelly J, Thakore E, Buret A, Gall DG. Effects of Yersinia enterocolitica infection on rabbit intestinal and colonic goblet cells and mucin: Morphometrics, histochemistry and biochemistry. Gut 32: 1131-1138, 1991.
- Kelly JK. Polypoid prolapsing mucosal folds in diverticular disease. Am J Surg Pathol 15: 871-8, 1991.
I am a Subspecialist in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology and I teach in these areas.