Affiliation with organizations and societies:
- Medical Advisory Committee, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Vancouver General Hospital (VGH)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (UK). 2007
- Certification in Neuropathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 1980
- Certification in Neurology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 1978
- MD, CM, McGill University, Montreal, QC. 1972
- BSc, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL. 1968
- Laule C, Pavlova V, Leung E, Zhao G, MacKay AL, Kozlowski P, Traboulsee AL, Li DKB, Moore GRW. Diffusely abnormal white matter in multiple sclerosis: Further histologic studies provide evidence for a primary lipid abnormality with neurodegeneration. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 72: 42-52, 2013.
- Zhang Y, Moore GRW, Laule C, Bjarnason TA, Kozlowski P, Traboulsee A, Li DKB. Pathological correlates of MRI texture heterogeneity in multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 74: 91-99, 2013.
- Wiggermann V, Hernández Torres E, Vavasour IM , Moore GRW, Laule C, MacKay AL, Li DKB, Traboulsee A, Rauscher A. Magnetic resonance frequency shifts during acute MS lesion formation. Neurology 81: 211-218, 2013.
- Ford CC, Inglese M, Moore GRW. Using imaging technologies in MS. Predicting disease progression and response to therapy. The Science of MS Management 3: 1-15, 2013.
- Moore GRW, Laule C. Neuropathologic correlates of magnetic resonance imaging in multiple sclerosis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 71: 762-778, 2012.
- Roefs AM, Waters PJ, Moore GRW, Dolman PJ. Orbicularis oculi muscle biopsies for mitochondrial DNA analysis in suspected mitochondrial myopathy. Br J Ophthalmol 96: 1296-1299, 2012.
- Cook SD, Dhib-Jalput S, Dowling P, Durelli L, Ford C, Giovannoni G, Halper J, Harris C, Herbert J, Li D, Lincoln JA, Lisak R, Lublin FD, Lucchinetti CF, Moore W, Naismith RT, Oehninger C, Simon J, Sormani MP. Use of magnetic resonance imaging as well as clinical disease activity in the clinical evaluation of multiple sclerosis and assessment of its course. A report from an International CMSC Consensus Conference, March 5-7, 2010. Int J MS Care 14: 105-114, 2012.
- Moore GRW, Esiri MM. The pathology of multiple sclerosis and related disorders. Diag Histopathol 17: 225-231, 2011.
- Laule C, Vavasour IM, Leung E, Li DKB, Kozlowski P, Traboulsee AL, Oger J, MacKAy AL, Moore GRW. Pathological basis of diffusely abnormal white matter: Insights from magnetic resonance imaging and histology. Mult Scler 17: 144-50, 2011.
- Kleinschmidt-DeMasters BK, Alassiri AH, Birks D, Newell K, Moore, GRW, Lillehei KO. Epithelioid versus rhabdoid gliomas are distinguished by monosomy 22 and immunohistochemical expression of INI-1 but not claudin 6. Am J Surg Pathol 2010;34: 341-354.
Dr. Moore conducts research on the pathology of multiple sclerosis (MS). Dr. Moore is a Principal Investigator at ICORD and a Clinical Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of British Columbia. He completed his B.Sc. at Memorial University of Newfoundland, and his M.D. at McGill University.
Current projects in my lab include:
- Served on Supervisory Committees for many MSc and PhD students in Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Neuroscience, University of British Columbia.
- Teaching of numerous medical students, and neuropathology, anatomical pathology, clinical pathology, neurology and neurosurgery residents.