Disbursement of Funds
Authorized signature requirements:
Authorized Signatures Required
|Department Head||Dean of the Faculty of Medicine|
|Faculty Members||Department Head|
|Staff & Students||At least one administrative level higher|
|External Vendors||Project Grant Holder|
Funds can be disbursed through the following forms:
1. Journal Vouchers (J_______) are used for the following:
- Purchasing goods or services from a supplier within UBC;
- Transferring expenses or revenues within UBC;
- Correcting posting errors.
General instructions for filling out Journal Vouchers can be found at http://www.finance.ubc.ca/forms
2. Requisition for Payment (Q_______) are used for the following:
- Expense reimbursement;
- Invoice payment;
- Honoraria to individuals who do not have a UBC appointment.
Requisition for Payment Ref# and form is available via finance website. Please note that the reference # needs to be copied to the form :
To generate Ref#, please go to this website: http://www.finance.ubc.ca/ap/qreqnumber.cfm
To get the form:http://www.finance.ubc.ca/forms
Important details for Requisition for Payment:
- Indicate UBC vendor id. This can be found in FMIS — https://fmsnquery.finance.ubc.ca/pls/fmrep/ap_vendor_frm
- If the vendor has no vendor id , please request vendor id setup from email@example.com. You will need to provide details such as name, address (always include postal code).
- If the new vendor has a UBC appointment, please include Employee ID #
- If the individual is an external vendor and is receiving an honorarium, please include SIN or equivalent;
- Ensure to attach original receipts. Missing Receipts Form is required for items without receipts.
- US$ bank draft will be issued for payments outside US & Canada
- For processing, forward to:Requisitions Processing, UBC Financial Services, GSAB Zone 1
3. Travel Requisitions (TR_________) are used for the following:
- Reimbursement of travel and related expenses to individuals;
- Direct payment of travel and related expenses to vendors, such as American Express, hotels, etc.:
General instructions for filling out Travel Requisitions can be found at http://fmisw.adm.ubc.ca/fmis/forms/travelreqform.htm
UBC Travel Policy
Faculty of Medicine travel/ entertainment policy
- UBC does not pay for the following expenses incurred during hotel stays, e.g., spa charges, mini-bar charges, movie rentals, game rentals, laundry, personal calls, personal internet access;
- Signature of traveler(s) is absolutely necessary if the traveler has a UBC appointment, not necessary if they do not;
- If the reimbursement is to be to one individual (A) who paid for the travel of other individual(s) (B & C), please include with your documentation a letter to the effect that A paid for the travel of B & C and should be reimbursed for the travel of B & C. B & C must sign this letter.
Forward the above three forms by Campus Mail directly to:
UBC Financial Services
GSAB, Zone 1