I am a medical microbiologist with interests in quality and infection control. I completed my MD and residency at UBC and am currently finishing my MSc in clinical epidemiology at the UBC School of Population and Public Health. I have been working in the Division of Medical Microbiology and Infection Control at Vancouver General Hospital since 2012; I have fantastic colleagues and I enjoy the case variety and complexity. My current research interests include prevention and control of hospital-acquired infections, most recently working with Dr. Elizabeth Bryce and Dr. Diane Roscoe on pre-surgical decolonization bundles including photodisinfection to reduce surgical site infections, and with Dr. Elizabeth Bryce on UVC disinfection technology. I have interests in laboratory quality, and am part of the bacteriology committee of CMPT (Clinical Microbiology Proficiency Testing). I am involved with residency training as the Assistant Program Director of the UBC medical microbiology residency-training program, and as the course director for UBC Pathology 722 (MM/IC course for residents and fellows in general pathology, infectious diseases and medical microbiology).
- A. Wilmer, E.Lloyd-Smith, MG Romney, S. Champagne, T. Wong, W. Zhang, R. Stenstrom, M. Hull. Reduction in community-onset methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus rates in an urban Canadian hospital setting. Epidemiology and Infection 2014;142(3):463-7
- E. Bryce, T. Wong, L. Forrester, B. Masri, D. Jeske, K. Barr, S. Errico, D. Roscoe. Nasal photodisinfection and chlorhexidine wipes decrease surgical site infections: a historical control study and propensity analysis. The Journal of Hospital Infection 2014;88(2):89-95
- A. Wilmer, T. Wong, S. Champagne, L. Hoang, V. Leung, E. Lloyd-Smith, G. Ritchie, MG. Romney, Polymerase chain reaction assay to detect Clostridium difficile tcdC variants is valuable in characterizing hospital epidemiology A. The Journal of Hospital Infection 2013;84(3):252-5.
- X. Wang, M. Taylor, L. Hoang, J. Ekkert, C. Nowakoski, J. Stone, G. Tong, S. Prerise, A. Paccagnella, T. Wong, E. Galanis. Comparison of clinical and epidemiological features of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157 and non-O157 infections in British Columbia, 2009 to 2011. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 2013 Winter;24(4)e102-6
- P. Yong, P. Von Dadelszen, D. Carpara, K. Lim, N. Kent, F. Tessier, MF. Delisle, T. Wong, G. Blair, E. Skarsgard. Prediction of pediatric outcome after prenatal diagnosis and expectant antenatal management of congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation. Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, 2012;31(2):94-102
- Y. Chang, T. Wong, K. Macdonald, L. Hoang, S. Champagne, M. Kelly, S. Henwick, C. PIenaar, M. Romney, D. Roscoe, J. Issac-Renton. Plenary Establishing a Laboratory Network for Early Detection of Enteric Illness During the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games. Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology Vol. 21, Suppl SA AMMI Edmonton
- M. Romney, M. Hull, R. Gustafson, J. Sandhu, S. Champagne, T. Wong, A. Nematallah, S. Forsting, P. Daly. Large Community Outbreak of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 5 invasive infection in an impoverished. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008, 47(6):768-74 .
- Prevention and control of hospital-acquired infections