- MHSc, University of British Columbia, Clinical Epidemiology. 1999
- FRCPC – Medical Microbiology, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons. 1985
- MD, University of British Columbia. 1979
- Physiology (Honours), University of British Columbia (3 years). 1975
- Phillips P, Galanis E, MacDougall L, Chong M, Balshaw R, Cook V, Bowie W, Steiner T, Hoang L, Morshed M, Ghesquiere W, Forrest D, Roseoe D, Doyle P, Kibsey P, Connolly T, Mirzanejad Y, Thompson D. “Longitudinal Clinical Findings and Outcome among Cryptococcus gattii Patients in British Columbia” On Dec 16, 2014.
- Boggild AK, Geduld J, Libman M, Ward BJ, McCarthy A, Doyle PW, Ghesquiere W, Vincelette J, Kuhn S, Freedman DO, Kain KC. Travel-acquired infections and illnesses in Canadians: Surveillance report from CanTravNet surveillance data, 2009-2011. Open Medicine 2014;7(1)e20.
- Lea J, Conlin AE, Sekirov I, Restelli V, Ayakar KG, Turnbull L, Doyle P, Noble M, Rennie R, Schreiber WE, Westerberg BD. In vitro efficacy of N-acetylcysteine on bacteria associated with chronic suppurative otitis media. Journal of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 43:20 (07 Jul 2014).
- Desrosiers M, Evans GA, Keith PK, Wright ED, Kaplan A, Bouchard J, Ciavarella A, Doyle PW, Javer AR, Leith ES, Mukherji A, Robert Schellenberg R, Small P, Witterick IJ. Canadian clinical practice guidelines for acute and chronic rhinosinusitis. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011 May;40 Suppl 2:S99-193. Review. (jointly published by Allergy, Asthma and Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg J).
- Desrosiers M, Evans GA, Keith PK, Wright ED, Kaplan A, Bouchard J, Ciavarella A, Doyle PW, Javer AR, Leith ES, Mukherji A, Schellenberg RR, Small P, Witterick IJ. Canadian clinical practice guidelines for acute and chronic rhinosinusitis. Executive summary. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011 May;40 Suppl 2:S91-8. Review.
- Blasig A, Wagner EC, Pi D, Bigham M, Remple VP, Craib KJ, Doyle P, Dobson S, Yoshida EM, Patrick D, Krajden M, Money DM; BC HCV Vertical Transmission Study Group. Hepatitis C infection among pregnant women in British Columbia: reported prevalence and critical appraisal of current prenatal screening methods. Can J Public Health. 2011 Mar-Apr;102(2):98-102.
- Desrosiers M, Evans GA, Keith PK, Wright ED, Kaplan A, Bouchard J, Ciavarella A, Doyle PW, Javer AR, Leith ES, Mukherji A, Schellenberg RR, Small P, Witterick IJ. Canadian clinical practice guidelines for acute and chronic rhinosinusitis. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2011 Feb 10;7(1):2.
- Clark MP, Pangilinan L, Wang A, Doyle P, Westerberg BD. The shelf life of antimicrobial ear drops. Laryngoscope. 2010 Mar;120(3):565-9.
- Galanis E, MacDougall L, Kidd S, Morshed M and the BC Cryptococcus gattii Working Group (Working group members involved in this study include P. Doyle, J. Galbraith, L. Hoang, P. Kibsey, M-K Lee, S. Mithani, M. Romney). Epidemiology of Cryptococcus gattii, British Columbia, Canada, 1999-2007. Emerging Infectious Disease, vol 16, 2, Feb 2010.
- Al-Rawahi GN, Reynolds S, Porter SD, Forrester L, Kishi L, Chong T, Bowie WR, Doyle PW. Community-associated CMRSA-10 (USA-300) is the predominant strain among methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains causing skin and soft tissue infections in patients presenting to the emergency department of a Canadian tertiary care hospital. J Emerg Med. 2010 Jan;38(1):6-11. Epub 2008 Mar 6.
- sinal nasal disease
- viral Infections such as hepatitis, herpes, infectious mononucleosis, chlamydia, clinical epidemiology, protocols
- microbiology/Infectious disease/epidemiology in transfusion medicine, blood and body fluid exposures
- surgical site infections
- vaccinations in hospitalized patients
- travel medicine
Interested in teaching all areas in Microbiology. Special interest in Hepatitis, Herpes virus infections, microbiology/infectious disease/epidemiology in transfusion medicine, surgical site infections, blood and body fluid exposures, clinical epidemiology, travel/tropical medicine.