I am an anatomic pathologist with interest in breast surgical pathology. In addition I am interested in evidence-based medicine in respect to efficiency of medical interventions and accuracy of diagnostic procedures.
- University of Cambridge, UK Breast cancer clinical research, 2007-2008
- University of British Columbia, GPEC, Postdoctoral fellow, 2001-2004
- Anatomical pathology residency , Memorial University of Newfoundalnd, 2004-2007
- FRCPC in Anatomical pathology, 2007
- European Board of Pathology, 2007
- PhD, Academy of Medical Sciences, Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia. 1996
- MD, Far-Eastern State Medical University, Russia, 1993
Awards and Recognition
- UICC Fellowship for junior investigators, 2007-2008
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Travelling Fellowship, 2007-2008
- Canadian Association of Pathologists, Junior Scientist Award, 2006
- Breast surgical pathology
- Clinical research of breast cancer
- Clinical epidemiology models in application to anatomical pathology quality assurance
- Evidence-based medicine and pathology
Diagnostic Surgical pathology of breast disease, evidence-based practice of pathology. I am interested in clinical research evidence synthesis through critical appraisal of medical literature; diagnostic theory based on Bayesian reasoning and nature and sources of bias in clinical research.
I have experience teaching a wide spectrum of topics in pathology in university settings for small and large classes, residency training, medical and non-medical students, graduate, postgraduate and undergraduate levels.