I was born and raised in a small town on Lake Michigan, and I completed my undergraduate studies in Baltimore, Maryland. I then received my MD and my PhD, which focused on the molecular and structural functions of viral proteins, at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. I continued my medical training at the University of Chicago, where I eventually focused on renal pathology. I moved to Vancouver in 2015 to join the pathology department at St. Paul’s Hospital.
- BA (Honors, Biophysics), Johns Hopkins University, 2001
- MD, PhD (Medical Scientist Training Program), Northwestern University 2010
- Anatomic Pathology Residency, University of Chicago, 2014
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology), 2014
- Renal Pathology Fellowship, University of Chicago, 2015
- Renal Pathology
- Renal allograft pathology