I was born and raised in Brazil where I received my Medical Degree and completed a residency in Anatomical Pathology, a Fellowship in Dermatopathology and a Master Degree in dermatopathology/dermatology in Brazil and Italy . I married my Canadian husband in 2002 and moved to Canada. In the following years I completed a second residency in Anatomical Pathology at the University of Alberta, passed the Canadian Board of Pathology, and obtained a Specialist Certification in Dermatopathology in Frankfurt, Germany. Currently I practice Anatomical Pathology in Kamloops at the Royal Inland Hospital. My special interests are Dermatopathology and liver pathology. I enjoy reading and resting under the sun in tropical beaches and lakes with my husband Gordon and our 6 year old daughter Sarah. I am thrilled and proud to be part of the UBC faculty as a Clinical Instructor since 2012.
- Board certified in Anatomical Pathology by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPSC). June 2012
- Board Certified in Dermatopathology, (International Committee for Dermatopathology), ICDP- UEMS – Frankfurt, Germany. December 2011
- Residency in Anatomical Pathology, University of Alberta (UofA), Edmonton, AB Canada. July 2006 – June 2012
- Masters Degree in Dermatology/Dermatopathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)-Brazil and Universitta` Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy- “Mediterranean Kaposi Sarcoma and HHV-8: Study of 60 Italian cases”. February 1998- December 4th, 2000.
- Fellowship in Dermatopathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) Brazil. July 1996- November 1997
- Board Certified in Anatomical Pathology, Brazilian Association of Pathology (SBP.org). Brazil- July 1996
- Residency in Anatomical Pathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG)-Brazil. August 1993 – July 1996
- MD – Doctor of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN). Natal, RN- Brazil. 1993
Awards and Recognition
- Scholarship as a Medical student: “junior researcher in experimental surgery and veterinary Pathology” grossing and performing microscopic analysis of biopsies obtained in different experimental researches. 1991 to 1992
- Best oral presentation as Medical student- XXI National Meeting of Medical Students-Junior researchers. “Efeitos da Cholecystectomia na mucosa gastroduodenal (Experimental surgery)” Rev Col Bras Surg June 1993, XX, n5, 247-251. Alagoas, Brazil. March 1993
- Best oral presentation-Residents- XX Brazilian congress of Pathology- “Breast micro calcifications: Clinical, Imaging and Histopathological correlations”. August 1995
- Scholarship issued from the Italian Government (IILA Institute) to visit with a Student visa to perform part of my Masters Degree research in Rome, Italy Program directed to Italian Descendants living abroad with fluent Italian and an approved Research proposal. March – December 1998 – Rome, Italy
Specialties/Interests: Dermatology, Infectious Diseases