Malcolm Hayes is a pathologist at the BC Cancer Agency (BCCA) in Vancouver. Dr. Hayes has worked at the BCCA since 1993 and has broad expertise in surgical pathology and cytopathology and major interests in breast, skin, gynecological and soft tissue pathology. He is a Clinical Professor of pathology at the University of British Columbia and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologist of UK. He has many years of expertise in diagnostic immunohistochemistry based on employment of this technique in the work up of a large volume of challenging consultation cases referred to the BCCA “Primary Unknown” tumour group.
- FRC Path (UK). 1995
- FRCP(C). Anatomical Pathology. 1991
- M.Med (Anath Path), University of Cape Town. 1984
- LRCP(Lond), MRCS, (UK). 1976
- MBChB, University of Rhodesia. 1976
- BSc (Hons), University of Rhodesia, Anatomy. 1973
- Becker AK, Gordon PB, Harrison DA, Hassell PR, Hayes MM, van Niekerk D, Wilson CM. Flat ductal intraepithelial neoplasia 1A diagnosed at stereotactic core needle biopsy: is excisional biopsy indicated? AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Mar;200(3):682-8.
- Davidson JA, Cromwell I, Ellard SL, Lohrisch C, Gelmon KA, Shenkier T, Villa D, Lim H, Sun S, Taylor S, Taylor M, Czerkawski B, Hayes M, Ionescu DN, Yoshizawa C, Chao C, Peacock S, Chia SK. A prospective clinical utility and pharmacoeconomic study of the impact of the 21-gene Recurrence Score® assay in oestrogen receptor positive node negative breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2013 Apr 20. doi:pii: S0959-8049(13)00211-6. 10.1016/j.ejca.2013.03.009. [Epub ahead of print]
- Makretsov NA, Carter BA, Hayes MM. Mammography screening and indeterminate core biopsy diagnoses. Maturitas. 2012 Nov;73(3):177-9.
- Ali RH, Lee CH, Hayes MM. Metastatic small cell osteosarcoma to the liver: A diagnostic pitfall for fine-needle aspiration cytology. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012 Aug 4. doi: 10.1002.
- Ali RH, Hayes MM. Combined epithelial-myoepithelial lesions of the breast. Surgical Pathology Clinics 2012 (5):661-699.
- Kennecke HF, Speers CH, Ennis CA, Gelmon K, Olivotto IA, Hayes M. J Clin Oncol. Impact of routine pathology review on treatment for node-negative breast cancer. 2012 Jun 20;30(18):2227-31.
- Banerjee D, Gascoyne RD, Slack G, Hayes M, Sehn LH, Connors JM. Clinical impact of pathology reviews of outside material: a patient-focused approach. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Nov 1;29(31):4212-3. Epub 2011 Sep 26.
- Hayes MM. Adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: a review stressing its propensity for malignant transformation. J Clin Pathol. 2011 Jun;64(6):477-84. Epub 2011 Feb 9. Review.
- Le Corroller T, Hargunani R, Khashoggi K, Hayes MM, Clarkson PW, Ouellette HA, Munk PL. Primary intraosseous glomus tumor in a middle phalanx. Skeletal Radiol. 2012 Feb;41(2):227-30. Epub 2011 Jun 9.
- Pathology of Soft Tissue Tumors