Clinical Assistant Professor, UBC
Clinical Chemist, Laboratory Medicine, Pathology & Medical Genetics, Vancouver Island Health Authority
Victoria General Hospital
- Fellow of Canadian Academy of Clinical Biochemistry, 2008
- Clinical Chemistry Postdoctoral Training Program, University of McMaster. 2007
- PhD, Shanghai Medical University, China. 1995
- MS, Jiangxi Medical University, China. 1988
- MD, Jiangxi Medical University, China. 1984
- Yang L, Ball G, Hoag G. Development of a rapid LC/MS/MS method for 46 drugs of abuse screening in urine CLINICAL CHEMISTRY. 2013 Vol. 59 (10) Supplement: A127.
- Yang L, Ball G, Hoag G. Simultaneous LC–MS/MS assay for the detection of olanzapine, clozapine and norclozapine. Clinical Biochemistry. 2012 Sept; 45(13-14):1124.
- Rodríguez-Capote K, Balion CM, Hill S, Cleve R, Yang L, El Sharif A. Utility of urine myoglobin for the prediction of acute renal failure in subjects where rhabdomyolysis is suspected: a systematic review. Clin Chem. 2009 55 (12): 2190-2197.
- Gao YJ, Yang L, Stead S, and Lee RMKW. Flow-induced vascular remodeling in the mesenteric artery of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008 Nov; 86(11): 737-44.
- Yang L, McAssey K and Grey V. Subclinical hypothyroidism and Down syndrome: A case report. A newsletter from the Pediatric and Maternal-Fetal Division of AACC 2006 Mar;24(1):7-8.
- Yang L, Gao YJ, and Lee RMKW. The effects of quinapril and atorvastatin on artery structure and function in adult spontaneously hypertensive rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 Aug 22; 518(2-3):145-51.
- Yang L, Butcher M, Simon RR, Osip SL and Shaughnessy SG. The effect of heparin on osteoblast differentiation and activity in primary cultures of bovine aortic smooth muscle cells. Atherosclerosis. 2005 Mar; 179(1):79-86.
- Yang L, Gao YJ, and Lee RMKW. Quinapril effects on resistance artery structure and function in hypertension. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2004 Dec;370(6):444-51.
- Osip SL, Butcher M, Young E, Yang L and Shaughnessy SG. Differential effects of heparin and low molecular weight heparin on osteoblastogenesis and adipogenesis in vitro. Thromb Haemost. 2004 Oct; 92(4):803-10.
Primary Research Area
Metabolism & Nutrition
Secondary Research Area
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary
- Clinical Chemistry
- Clinical Toxicology
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring