I received my MD from Memorial University of Newfoundland in 1994 followed by a residency in anatomical pathology at McGill University and practiced anatomical pathology in community hospitals in Montreal area for seven years before deciding to take on the challenge of a solo pathology practice in northern British Columbia.
I have been staff pathologist (and the only pathologist) at Fort St John hospital since 2006.Surgical pathologists will know the difficulty of providing preliminary diagnoses without access to immunohistochemistry or the next door colleague to consult with. Of course, you will later have the result of immunohistochemistry and/or formal consult on the case but you will be judged on the first impression!
I enjoy teaching pathology to family medicine residents and third year UBC medical students in the integrated clerkship program here at Fort St John hospital.
- McGill University, Montreal , QC, Canada. Completed residency in Anatomical Pathology. 1999
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, St.John’s ,NL, Canada. Obtained Degree of Doctor of Medicine. 1994
- McGill University, Montreal , QC, Canada. Obtained Degree of Bachelor of Science in Biology. 1990
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Anatomical Pathology)
- Fellow of the American Board of Pathology (Anatomical Pathology)
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada
- Involved in one on one and group teaching activities with medical students (Y-3 ICC) and family medicine residents at Fort St John hospital at the Rank of Clinical Instructor of Facuty of Medicine at University of British Columbia.