Medical Biochemist, VIHA
Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Born and schooled in Zimbabwe (ex Rhodesia)
- MBChB University of Cape Town South Africa 1972 (started medicine in 1967, the year of the worlds first heart transplant at Groote Schuur Hospital which is the teaching hospital for medical students at UCT)
- General Pathology Specialty – University of Cape Town 1980
- 19 years in general private pathology practice 1981-1999 and senior partner for 10 years
- Director of Medical Services and Chairperson of the Global Laboratory Operations Group for a global central laboratory service for clinical pharmaceutical research – 1999 – 2008
- Currently Medical Biochemist with VIHA based at Victoria General and Royal Jubilee Hospitals
- MCC Qualifying Examination Part 1 Pass. Medical Council of Canada, May 2006
- MCC Evaluating Examination Pass. Medical Council of Canada, November 2003
- MBA degree. University of Stellenbosch, 1989, Cape Town, South Africa
- Honors Business and Administration degree cum laude. University of Stellenbosch, 1983 – 1985, Cape Town, South Africa
- M.Med.Path. (Clin). Degree. (Master of Medicine in Clinical and Anatomical Pathology). University of Cape Town, 1975 – 1979, Cape Town, South Africa
- M.B.Ch.B. degree. (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery). University of Cape Town, 1967 – 1972 Cape Town, South Africa
- GCE-A-Levels in Physics, Chemistry, Pure Mathematics, and Applied Mathematics. Prince Edward Boys High School, 1961 – 1966, Harare, Zimbabwe
PRESENTATIONS / PAPERS
- Abstract & Poster, ASCP 2013 Annual Meeting: “Ionized Calcium Measurements in Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy”. (accepted)
- Abstract & Poster, ASCP 2012 Annual Meeting: “Synovial Fluid: Crystals and Culture: A One Year Retrospective”.
- Abstract & Poster, ASCP 2012 Annual Meeting: “Synovial Fluid: Uric Acid and Calcium Pyrophosphate Crystal Morphology Reviewed”.
- Abstract & Poster, AACC 2010 Annual Meeting: “Evaluation and Implementation of Procalcitonin Testing in the ICU and ER Settings”.
- IIR Central Laboratories Meeting, Orlando, FL, Jan 08, “”Overcoming the Technical Challenges of Outsourcing Laboratory Services”.
- IIR Central Laboratories Meeting, London, May 06, “Introduction and Approach to Biomarkers”.
- IIR Central Laboratories Meeting, San Francisco, January 06, “Introduction and Approach to Biomarkers”.
- IR Central Laboratories Meeting, Las Vegas, January 05, “Dos and Don’ts of Safety Test Ordering”.
- MBA Thesis 1989: “The Financial Position of General Practitioners in the Cape Town Metropolitan Area”.
- IAP Congress, Cape Town 1978, Paper on “Rectal Carcinoma in patients under 30 years old”.