Clinical Instructor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Residency in Medical Microbiology, University Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, June 2005
- Medical Doctor, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, May 2000
- Masters of Science in Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, May 1996
- Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, May 1994
Awards and Recognition
- Dr. Kasper Leadership – Medical Staff Award 2012
- Peirano G, Ahmed-Bentley J, Fuller, Rubin J, Pitout J. Travel-related carbapenemase-producing Gram Negatives in Alberta, Canada: the first three years. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2014 May; 52 (5): 1575-81.
- Ahmed-Bentley J, Chandran U, Joffe AM, French D, Peirano G, Pitout J. Gram-negative bacteria that produce carbapenemase causing death attributed to recent foreign hospitalization. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2013 Jul; 57 (7): 3085-3091.
- Blondel-Hill E, Nigrin J et al. Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Manual On-Line, fourth edition. Peirano G, Ahmed-Bentley J, Woodford N, Pitout J. New Delhi Metallo-β-Lactamase from Traveler Returning to Canada. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2011 Feb; 17 (2): 242-244.
- Knorr L, Fox J, Tilley P, Ahmed-Bentley J. Evaluation of Real-Time PCR for the Clinical Diagnosis of Bordetella pertussis: Biomed Central Infectious Diseases 2006; 6:62.
- Tracz DM, Keelan M, Ahmed-Bentley J, Gibreel A, Kowalewska-Grochowska K, Taylor DE. pVir and bloody diarrhea in Campylobacter jejuni enteritis. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005 June; 11 (6): 838-843.
Primary Research Area
Infectious Diseases and Immunopathology
- Infectious Diseases