UBC Biomedical Research Center
- Postdoctoral Fellow, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne. 1984-1987
- PhD, University of Freiburg, Switzerland, Biochemistry. 1977-1983
- Diploma, University of Freiburg, Switzerland. 1971-1976
- Kidder D, Richards HE, Ziltener HJ, Garden OA, Crocker PR Sialoadhesin ligand expression identifies a subset of CD4+Foxp3- T cells with a distinct activation and glycosylation profile. Journal of Immunology 190:2593-2602, 2013.
- Mullaly SC, Oudhoff MJ, Min PH, Burrows K, Antignano F, Rattray DG, Chenery A, McNagny KM, Ziltener HJ, Zaph C. Requirement for core 2 O-glycans for optimal resistance to helminth infection. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e60124.
- Veerman KM, Carlow DA, Shanina I, Priatel JJ, Horwitz MS, Ziltener HJ. PSGL-1 regulates the migration and proliferation of CD8(+) T cells under homeostatic conditions. J Immunol. 2012 Feb 15;188(4):1638-46.
- Gossens K, Naus S, Holländer GA, Ziltener HJ. Deficiency of the metalloproteinase-disintegrin ADAM8 is associated with thymic hyper-cellularity. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 15;5(9):e12766.
- Hickey TB, Ziltener HJ, Speert DP, Stokes RW. Mycobacterium tuberculosis employs Cpn60.2 as an adhesin that binds CD43 on the macrophage surface. Cell Microbiol. 2010 Nov;12(11):1634-47.
- Kum WW, Lo BC, Deng W, Ziltener HJ, Finlay BB. Impaired innate immune response and enhanced pathology during Citrobacter rodentium infection in mice lacking functional P-selectin. Cell Microbiol. 2010 Sep 1;12(9):1250-71.
- Naus S, Blanchet MR, Gossens K, Zaph C, Bartsch JW, McNagny KM, Ziltener HJ. The metalloprotease-disintegrin ADAM8 is essential for the development of experimental asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010 Jun 15;181(12):1318-28.
- Seo W, Ziltener HJ. CD43 processing and nuclear translocation of CD43 cytoplasmic tail are required for cell homeostasis. Blood. 2009 Oct 22;114(17):3567-77.
- Carlow DA, Gossens K, Naus S, Veerman KM, Seo W, Ziltener HJ. PSGL-1 function in immunity and steady state homeostasis. Immunol Rev. 2009 Jul;230(1):75-96.
- Carlow DA, Gold MR, Ziltener HJ. Lymphocytes in the peritoneum home to the omentum and are activated by resident dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2009 Jul 15;183(2):1155-65.
- Gossens K, Naus S, Corbel SY, Lin S, Rossi FM, Kast J, Ziltener HJ. Thymic progenitor homing and lymphocyte homeostasis are linked via S1P-controlled expression of thymic P-selectin/CCL25. J Exp Med. 2009 Apr 13;206(4):761-78.
- Randhawa AK, Ziltener HJ, Stokes RW. CD43 controls the intracellular growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis through the induction of TNF-alpha-mediated apoptosis. Cell Microbiol. 2008 Oct;10(10):2105-17.
- Veerman KM, Williams MJ, Uchimura K, Singer MS, Merzaban JS, Naus S, Carlow DA, Owen P, Rivera-Nieves J, Rosen SD, Ziltener HJ. Interaction of the selectin ligand PSGL-1 with chemokines CCL21 and CCL19 facilitates efficient homing of T cells to secondary lymphoid organs. Nat Immunol. 2007 May;8(5):532-9.
- Carlow DA, Ziltener HJ. CD43 deficiency has no impact in competitive in vivo assays of neutrophil or activated T cell recruitment efficiency. J Immunol. 2006 Nov 1;177(9):6450-9.
Primary Research Area
Infectious Diseases & Immunopathology
Secondary Research Area
- Role of O-glycan structures in T cell function and in myelolymphopoiesis Cell-cell interaction
- IL-5 receptor complex
- Inhibition of vitamin B12 uptake as novel approach to cancer
- Role of core 2 N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase in myelopoiesis
- Functional significance of a novel glycoform of CD45RB expressed on peripheral T cells
- Peptides inhibitors of IL-5/IL-5 receptor interaction