Dr. Gerry James graduated from UBC with a B.Sc. in cell biology. He attended medical school at UBC and graduated in 1992. After completing a rotating internship at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver and one year of general practice, he returned to UBC to complete his residency in general pathology. Dr. James has worked as a general pathologist at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC since 1998. His laboratory subspecialty interests include hematopathology and transfusion medicine and he is currently the Area Department Head for Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in Interior Health West. He is looking forward to teaching medical students in the new UBC Southern Medical Program.
- FRCP(C) General Pathology. 1998
- American Board of Pathology Certification (Anatomical and Clinical Pathology). 1998
- MD, University of British Columbia. 1992
- BSc (Cell Biology), University of British Columbia. 1988
- G.K. James, K.W. Berean, A.G. Nagy, D.A. Owen. Inverted Meckel’s Diverticulum: an entity simulating an ileal polyp. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 93(9):1554-1555. Sep 1998
- Gerald K. James, Doug Horsman, Joseph M. Connors, Richard Klasa, Ken Wilson,Larry Argatoff, Randy D. Gascoyne. Clinicopathological analysis of follicular lymphoma with a polyploid karyotype. Leukemia and Lymphoma: 28(3-4):383-9. Jan 1998
- Gerald K. James, Michael W. Jones, Morris R. Pudek. Homocyst(e)ine levels in patients on phenytoin therapy. Clin Biochem. 1997 Dec;30(8):647-9.
- Gerald K. James, Morris Pudek, Kenneth W.Berean, Eleftherios P. Diamandis, Betty Lou Archibald. Salivary duct carcinoma secreting prostate-specific antigen. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 106(2):242-247. 1996
- Campbell M. Clark, Lili Kopala, Gerald James, Trevor Hurwitz and David Li. Metabolic subtypes in patients with schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 1993; 33:86-92.
- Campbell M. Clark, Gerald James, David Li, Joel Oger, Donald Paty and Harry Klonoff. Ventricular size, cognitive function and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis. The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 19:352-356. 1992
- G.K. James, D.K. Kalousek and N. Auersperg. Karyotypic analysis of two related cervical carcinoma cell lines that contain human papillomavirus type 18 DNA and express divergent differentiation. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics 38:53-60. Mar 1989
Transfusion Medicine and Hematopathology