Dr. Griswold is a specialist in laboratory hematology. She has worked as a hematopathologist and in senior management positions in a number of laboratories in greater Vancouver and is currently medical leader of hematopathology at Providence Health Care. In her management positions, Dr. Griswold carried overall responsibility for quality performance of the institutions where she worked. This entailed ensuring that high quality of laboratory operations was maintained and new programs and practices to improve outcomes were implemented.
From 2005 to 2007, she was medical consultant to the BC Provincial Laboratory Coordinating Office quality management initiative. She has an interest in implementing quality initiatives that will improve laboratory performance and enhance clinical outcomes.
At Providence Health Care, she participates in the laboratory’s quality initiatives, including the implementation of quality management and the ongoing development and implementation of Lean. She is actively involved in teaching activities, including clinical and laboratory resident training, and also teaches a module of the Laboratory Quality Management certificate course offered by the Program Office for Laboratory Quality Management.
- Specialist Certification in Hematological Pathology, FRCP(C). 1979
- MD, University of British Columbia. 1975
- BSc, University of British Columbia. 1972
- Griswold, DJ, Bergstrome Jones A, McNeely M, Poon A. Use of Multiplex PCR assay and Hemoglobin H preparation in the diagnosis of α-thalassemia trait. Lab Hematology, 2002.
- Slater JL, Griswold DJ, Wojtyniak LS, Reisling MJ. Evaluation of the polyethylene glycol-indirect antiglobulin test for routine compatibility testing. Transfusion. 1989 Oct;29(8):686-8.
- Carter CJ, Griswold DJ, Louis RA, Hershler R, Wadsworth LD. A comparison of seven prothrombin time reagents–development of an evaluation strategy. Mod Pathol. 1988 Jul;1(4):284-7.