Dr. Jung recently joined the Children’s and Women’s Health Centre of British Columbia in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, he studied at the University of Toronto in the Department of Pharmacology, obtaining his PhD in 2005.
His doctoral thesis investigated the role of a family of epigenetic regulatory proteins during development, including that encoded by the MECP2 gene, which is responsible for Rett Syndrome in children. Following his PhD, Dr. Jung enrolled in the Postdoctoral Training Program in Clinical Biochemistry within the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, also at the University of Toronto, graduating last June. Dr. Jung has a strong interest in pediatric medicine, and looks forward to research opportunities with colleagues, as well as opportunities to teach at the University of British Columbia
- Diploma, Post-doctoral Training Program in Clinical Chemistry, University of Toronto. 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Toronto Western Research Institute, Div of Genetics and Development. 2007
- PhD, University of Toronto, Dept of Pharmacology. 2008
- MSc, University of Toronto, Dept of Pharmacology. 1997
- BSc (honours), University of Toronto. 1994
- Wang L, Larkins N, Jung B, Au N, Mammen C. Acute encephalopathy in a kidney transplant recipient following infusion of intravenous immunoglobulin. Transplant International. In press. 2014
- Estey MP, Cohen AH, Colantonio DA, Chan MK, Marvasti TB, Randell E, Delvin E, Cousineau J, Grey V, Greenway D, Meng QH, Jung B, Bhuiyan J, Seccombe D, Adeli K. CLSI-based transference of the CALIPER database of pediatric reference intervals from Abbott to Beckman, Ortho, Roche and Siemens Clinical Chemistry Assays: direct validation using reference samples from the CALIPER cohort. Clin Biochem 2013 Sep;46(13-14):1197-219.
- Zhan SH, Abboud RT, Jung B, Kuchinka B, Ralston D, Casey B, Mattman A. Sanger sequencing solved a cryptic case of severe alpha(1)-antitrypsin deficiency. Clin Biochem. 2012 Apr;45(6):499-501.
- Abboud RT, Nelson TN, Jung B, Mattman A. Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency: a clinical-genetic overview. Applications Clin Genetics 2011 Mar;4:55-65.
- Blasutig IM, Jung B, Kulasingam V, Baradaran S, Chen Y, Chan MK, Colantonio D, Adeli K. Analytical evaluation of the VITROS® 5600 Integrated System in a pediatric setting and determination of pediatric reference intervals. Clin Biochem. 2010 Sep;43(13-14):1039-44. Epub 2010 May 23.
- Kulasingam V, Jung BP, Blasutig IM, Baradaran S, Chan MK, Aytekin M, Colantonio DA, Adeli K. Pediatric reference intervals for 28 chemistries and immunoassays on the Roche cobas 6000 analyzer–a CALIPER pilot study. Clin Biochem. 2010 Sep;43(13-14):1045-50. Epub 2010 May 23.
- Jung B, Adeli K. Clinical laboratory reference intervals in pediatrics: the CALIPER initiative. Clin Biochem. 2009 Nov;42(16-17):1589-95. Epub 2009 Jul 7
- Zhang G, Jung BP, Ho W, Jugloff DG, Cheung HH, Gurd JW, Wallace MC, Eubanks JH. Isolation and characterization of LCHN: a novel factor induced by transient global ischemia in the adult rat hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2007 Apr;101(1):263-73.
- Jung BP, Purushotham D, Eubanks JH. Identification of a murine methyl cytosine phosphate guanine binding domain-containing factor 3 (MBD3) promoter segment sufficient for driving reporter gene expression in neurons in vitro and in vivo. Neuroscience. 2007; 145(3):1016-25.
- Laboratory Medicine
- Diagnostic testing
- Laboratory based teaching